Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blueberries for Sal

Just read that book about a little girl and her mother [and a little bear and his mother] on Blueberry Hill in Maine. Punch sleeping over. We read that story to little Figgy so many times. Sometimes I really miss the days of reading our Figgy bedtime stories while she hung on every word, her hair still damp from her bubble bath, her fuzzy white nightgown with pink ribbons touching my arm. We studied every illustration and detail--every instance of word play, every funny expression. I trust that those times and those memories will always be in her heart--and while the readings are far more sporadic, I hope they will live long in Punch's heart and field of vision, too.

I must catch some ZZZs now too. Sweet dreams to you.

TCOY
  1. Early yoga class...went with Diane. Liked that teacher, Joe, was telling us to open up area around and behind the heart. Am all for that.
  2. Walked Sug around block once.
  3. Got some fresh cold air with Punch and Sug--Punch and I drew with chalk, blew bubbles and went on swing set. I like her courage and independence.
  4. Saw Moey, Ted and Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment