Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fresh New Snow, Fresh New Start

I shoveled for more than a hour, and enjoyed it. The snow was light, easy on the knees and heart.

I tried to channel the little girl in yesterday's photo, not to be young and unsure, but just to remember how she felt, how she thought. She would have liked being outside in the snow--it was a magical gift that transformed her ordinary gray neighborhood into a big white playland. And when she finally went inside for lunch, she wouldn't have wanted two helpings of leftover pasta. She just wasn't that way. She would have been full; seconds would not even have occurred to her [except at parties, where there were rare treats, like cans of grape soda, brightly colored M&Ms and bakery butter cookies].

Elly took life-size [not little] me out for a latte, and Moey treated me to dinner. It was good to talk and laugh. H. left around 5:30 to work at a party.

I do miss Dad. Good night.

TCOY
  1. Snow shoveling in clean fresh air.
  2. Seeing my girlfriends.
  3. Ice water.

No comments:

Post a Comment