Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hair

I entered Rita Hazan* salon on 56th Street at Fifth Avenue at 4:30 with my hair pulled away from my face and anchored on top with a humble bobby pin. I left at 5:40 with a soft and glamorous do, rendered at the hands of Myrna.

I was invited to a press event--the idea was that we would try out Linkage Meu, a 3-step post-shampoo salon treatment that delivers silky, smooth, shiny, strong, healthy, moisturized and pliable hair, according to the brochure. The regimen is the beauty brainchild of Milbon, maker of top Japanese hair products. And after the treatment, we each got an impeccable blow-dry. In the chair, we were offered drinks and savory button-sized nibbles. like chicken salad in a tiny crunchy cup, and little cones of salmon mousse.

My hair feels soft, yet bouncy and sexy. I'm not imagining it. I feel like I've got someone else's hair. A lucky someone else. And there's also a fourth step, a conditioning treatment we took home in four pretty, petite turquoise vials--use one per week after shampooing to maintain the silky texture.

I've inquired about how much the process will cost in the salon, and should have an answer tomorrow. [Here's the answer as of 1.31: The service price ranges from $45-$125, depending on location, service time, and service style (luxurious with head massage, or quick at sink). Available in salons across the country.]

Things are still rough around here, but at least my hair is smooth. And I hope a good night's sleep, starting now, will mean the road's less frazzled for everyone tomorrow.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the dome.
  2. Walked Fluff around block once.
  3. Went to Montclair traffic violation bureau and then DMV--they had suspended my driver's license for not paying tickets that I did pay, back in November. Good news: I didn't have to pay $100 fee to reinstate it.
  4. Cooked scallops with spinach for dinner.
*Rita Hazan=celebrity colorist. Her bio says she's done Jennifer Lopez's hair.



.


No comments:

Post a Comment