Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Think This May Be a Better JPEG Version of My Coastal Living Essay?

.....at least I hope so...anyway, thank you. And thanks for the ride, Dad. The many, many rides, not just the ones over the Tappan Zee, up 95, through Providence and out Route 6 to the edges of Cape Cod, but also the ones to Girl Scouts, to Garden State Farms for milk, to St. Mary's for Mass, to CCD, to the gym in Bergenfield, to Granny's, to work, to college, to my apartment......the rides in your little secondhand Renault, the white Falcon, the 1970s green Datsun, the beige Chevy Nova and the white Chevrolet....and thank you for giving me the courage, confidence and independence to drive everywhere on my own....

TCOY
  1. Mass....liked seeing the familiar faces of fellow parishioners--the usher in the gum-soled shoes, the family with the two grown sons, the single mom with her young children, a couple and their two adorable blonde pixie daughters--and the familiar pews, windows and lights.
  2. Nap.
  3. Made healthy dinner! Inspired by my niece Leah--rainbow chard pan-cooked with onion, garlic, mushrooms, fresh asparagus and tofu. Yes, you read that right, tofu.
  4. Watched "Desperate Housewives" with Figgy and "Pan Am" by myself. Love that show.

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Alice. And the lede is kick-ass. Such a moving and heart-felt tribute to your Dad. Congratulations. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, thank you. Coming from you, that means a lot. I will never forget your wonderful essays in the NY Times and Newsweek! love alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your Coastal Living Essay and loved it!! Hence I've come here to "follow" you!!! Looking foward to reading more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dragonfly...thank you for your feedback on my essay and for coming to my blog. :) Sincerely, Alice

    ReplyDelete