Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'll Drink to That

Tall glass water bottle with snug lid--Day 1, loving it.
Popped into Go Lightly, the Montclair store known for vegan ice cream, adorable organic cotton baby leggings and a social conscience. This Kerplunk water bottle caught my eye. It's so sturdy and uplifting--so pretty. I love it. I'm glad you like it, the nice young woman with braids said when I paid for it. I hope it helps you drink more water.

And speaking of drinks in Montclair, my friend Anne took me out to Halcyon on Walnut Street tonight for a birthday beverage in the upstairs lounge. I had my winter favorite, an Irish coffee; Anne had a cosmopolitan. Mine went down nice and warm, especially after I stirred in a tiny pitcher of cream. Then I realized I sipped the glass mugful a bit too fast--had some trouble getting my sponge-tip applicator into the lip gloss tube, needed a little grounding, so we got something to eat, too. I had the tacos with filet mignon. Crunchy shells, tender beef, zingy flavor.

But most of all, it was good to sit with my friend and talk. I am grateful for her, for standing by me and with me through painful times and sweet ones. I am lucky to have a friend like Anne. She has a nice husband [who is also my friend], three kids, a dog, a cat, a job, a post as co-president of a busy PTA, and she still finds time for me. Sometimes I truly think that signing on to be my friend requires a lot of stamina to withstand dramatic winds. I am grateful. [Anne is also my Cape Cod- and Hot Chocolate Sparrow-loving friend, who has been known to drive 600 miles round trip to North Eastham to stay just two nights. Birds of a feather.]

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Walked Sug around block twice.
  2. Reading excellent memoir trilogy by Mary Cantwell--starting with American Girl. I love Mary Cantwell's writing, and Sis and Don gave me this three-in-one book for my birthday. It's Mary Cantwell who inspired me to come up with a colorful pseudonym in this blog for my daughter [Figgy]. The author called her two daughters Rose Red and Snow White in her wonderful writing. I sent her a fan letter years ago when she was working at The New York Times, and she wrote me a very nice letter back.
  3. Cooked dinner, ate some veggies.
  4. Drank lots of ice water; the young woman with braids was right [see above].
  5. Listened to good music and sang along--in my car [WFUV, 90.7 FM] and in my office [Verve Remixed CD, absolutely awesome].


No comments:

Post a Comment