Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Energy Shortage

I feel like I'm dragging a lot. Not sure what I need, but started up on a One A Day Women's Multivitamin again. Trying to take better care of myself. It gets hard. Today I had to leave Montclair @ 2 P.M. to pick Figgy up and then back to Montclair to get H. and drive into NYC for our weekly family appt. We hit terrible traffic on the Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel and were 20 minutes late for a very costly 45-minute slot on the Upper East Side. But we did get some help and some insight, so that is good.

On the way home, H. took the George Washington Bridge after weighing the tunnel and bridge options and listening to the radio traffic report. But we still got stuck in a slow-moving snare. It took us 1.5 hours to get home. That's a lot of car time. And for some reason, H. and Figgy quickly tired of the car games I dreamed up, like Let's Name Famous Mayors [Koch, Lindsay, Feinstein, Fiorello LaGuardia, etc.] Don't know what's wrong with them. I thought it was fun. ;)

So I started driving @ 2 for a 4 P.M. appt. and we got home 6:30 P.M.

Oh well. You can't win 'em all. Good night.

TCOY
  1. Good tooth care.
  2. Got my hair blown dry. I have decided to start doing this again once a week as long as I can afford it. I make it last a few days, just take shower or bath wearing shower cap. It just makes me feel much better and pulled together to have my hair blown dry. I was trying hard to embrace my curly hair, but....
  3. Bought a half slip! Haven't had one in years. Glad I did. Good way to TCOY. Hide panty lines, feel more feminine and polished, etc.
  4. Lots of ice water.
  5. Walked Sug around block.
  6. Gardened a little, and dumped coffee grounds on my pink daisies, to enrich the soil. Have been doing that a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment