Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Roses

Good things on today's rose list:
  • I wore the pretty tie-dyed lavender T-shirt Figgy made me--to boot camp.
  • Met my friend Celia in NYC for lunch at Amy's Bread in Chelsea Market [the iced mocha was very nice]. We also popped into Sarabeth's Bakery @ the market, and that was fun to see. Then we walked the length of the High Line back and forth--really nice. Such a treat to see Celia. We ended up in the meatpacking district, and took a quick sweep through the Tory Burch store.
  • Direct opposite of Tory-gazing above: Went to Goodwill store on Route 46 West in Fairfield with Figgy. I much prefer glamorous Tory, Lilly, Milly, Kate Spade and Coach stores, but Figgy [and my friends Anne and Elly] love thrifting. Fig found some great stuff, including a red velvet sheath that she cut from long to above the knee and wore with a skinny black belt and H.'s old denim jacket on top. It made me happy to see her happy, and I spent $6.03 myself on some cute juice glasses, a candle in holder and nice jar made in France for the kitchen.
  • Mernins' house for meeting to discuss Battle Against Hunger Bike Ride in early September to raise money for Toni's Kitchen. This will be my second year. We also brainstormed about having two big bake sales in town to stir up awareness and funds. The meeting was fun.
TCOY
  1. Put big bag of old clothes on stoop for Lupus Foundation truck to pick up. Felt good.
  2. Boot camp.
  3. Walked 2 miles on High Line and then back to Port Authority from Little West 12th Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment