Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

First-Class Airport Snacking

By the time I got this farmstead cheese home from the Twin Cities, it was just the right soft texture. It traveled well in the overhead bin on the plane. H. loved it.
Hi from Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport. Looking for little gifts for H. and Figgy and came across a travel-size $8 jar of Caribbean Therapy Body Scrub @ Aveda for my Fig and then happened upon Surdyk's Flights Wine Market & Bar. The card says DRINK, DINE, BUY & FLY. KEEPING YOU IN GOOD SPIRITS SINCE 1934. I got my H. something he will love: Crave Brothers Petit Frère ["little brother"] soft ripened cheese, made in Wisconsin. It was just under $10 for nice 8-ounce round.

The wine shop also had splits of Champagne, brioche buns, healthy salads, butterscotch pudding in a baby mason jar for $4 and delicious baked goods from Rustica in Minneapolis. I got the sugar-dusted chocolate cookie--divine. Other tasteful wares: Vosges chocolate bars and nice goat cheeses.

I'll see my family tonight and then leave tomorrow for 5-day "Cornbread and All the Fixins" press tour in Tennessee. This is very unusual for me to travel so much. But I had turned down press trips to Nashville and other places and signed on for this cornbread/Chattanooga one long before the 3M boot camp invite came up.

More later.
I told Fig I can't send her to the Caribbean so I got her a little jar of this.
 TCOY
  1. Had a couple hours to wait for plane. Stepped outside and breathed in clean Minnesota air; turned my face to the sun.
  2. Walked Sug around block with H. tonight; pretty, full moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment