Search This Blog

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tempting Pitfalls en route to Chattanooga

We head to the National Cornbread Festival tomorrow. Can't wait.
Well, the Charlotte airport had a Krispy Kreme Donut kiosk, but I was able to study it and step away. At least the donuts were all packed up in boxes, sacks and cups so it was easier than if it were a full-fledged Krispy Kreme shop with the sweet, cakey scent warmly wafting my way.

Other airport devil: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I suppose in the grand scheme of things, a dark chocolate-dunked Oreo isn't too bad....but no coffee today so chocolate-covered marshmallow filled in. I really liked that I could buy a $2.50 chocolate bar to send our troops--and I did.

I'm not in Tennessee yet but as I wait here for my flight to Chattanooga, already hear lots of deep Southern accents, flowing thick and rich like honey on a biscuit. These folks must be shocked by harsher/brasher Jersey/NY accents like mine when they go through Newark Airport. 

Looking forward to National Cornbread Festival tomorrow. The fact that they choose a "Baby Cornbread Muffin" winner really drew me to this press trip. I kid you not. Plus I already own a cornbread cookbook, and love Ina Garten's recipe for corn muffins [hard to beat].

Check it:
Miss National Cornbread Festival Contest
Rules and Information
Age Groups
2 – 3 years ...........................  Baby Cornbread Muffin
4 – 5 years ...........................  Tiny Miss Cornbread Muffin
6 – 8 years ...........................  Little Miss Cornbread Muffin
9 – 12 years ........................   Miss Cornbread Muffin
13 – 15 years ........................ Miss Sweet Cornbread
15 – 18 years .........................Miss National Cornbread

Til later.

TCOY
Just logged onto myfitnesspal.com. As I head into cornbread press trip, have to track food and exercise. I will be biking by the river one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment