Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hi from Dean & DeLuca on Madison

Sitting here at D&D at Madison and 85th. Just left Dr. checkup a few doors away. Lost 3 lbs since last visit in February but doc wants better, especially since my mom died of colon cancer at age 56.

Good Dr. B--and I do mean sincerely that he is very good--wants me to weigh myself daily for 3 weeks, really watch what I eat and exercise even more than I already do. I will be emailing him and we will see if it helps.

Am about to sling my bag over my shoulder and walk back to the Port Authority. Goodbye to this mecca of luxe lemonade and buttery muffins.  Proud that I opted for sushi, a side of spaghetti squash and a single small Amy's cookie.

Life is a journey and the journey, as they say, is the destination.

More to come.

TCOY [added at nighttime]
  1. Kept my doctor's appointment.
  2. Walked at least one hour in NYC.
  3. Cooked collard greens to go with flounder and brown rice for supper.
  4. Today I ate, and enjoyed, summer peaches and sweet cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment