Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I Can Barely Blog Anymore

Ever since Punch arrived Saturday night, for we're not sure exactly how long, our lives are in a tailspin. Right now I've stolen away to Starbucks to work for a bit.....a nice teen on our block is watching her for a few hours while H. and I squeeze in some work.

I can't sort my thoughts. I used 30 minutes of babysitter time yesterday to take a bath. I have to get a rhythm again, and I will. But a 6-year-old suddenly in your midst at the end of summer is surprising and a bit dizzying. Especially because we just got Figgy off to college....and in doing so, I had to empty the trunk of Dad's car, and that's where all the bags of his clothes were....I hadn't faced all that since his death...I want to save some special things, like his blue zipper jacket.....so now Punch is in our house and those bags are in our living room...and....thank God for small blessings, like pretty floral folders and new Moleskine notebooks with green covers to organize my thoughts and my work. I chose green for the luck of the Irish--because I'm half-Irish. As though this somehow brings my mother, my grandparents, Sis and others to my side, or around me in a power huddle.

And whoever is reading is, thank you. Thank you for caring. For the last few nights, I've only blogged a few lines from my iPhone in bed, right before I drift to sleep.

TCOY
  1. Sitting here carving out this time to think and work and process as best I can.




5 comments:

  1. I'm keeping up with your blog, Alice. Hang in there. You never know when the littlest thing you do or give to someone else can make the difference. Bless you for being there for her and remaining strong with all of life's changes. Keep taking care of yourself because you can't do much if you don't make some time to keep yourself in a good place. I'm happy you carved 30 minutes out for private time. Hugs from your Bootcamp friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We care, Alice. Saying prayers and hoping things work out. Hope that green helps, too. Love, Your Cousin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi heid and Lin. Thanx so much. So happy to find your notes. Xo. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading and caring, Alice! She is a cutie ... very lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete