Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Of Lemon Cakes & Laundry

Made buttermilk lemon cakes for book group--because our book this time was The Great Gatsby, and when Nick invites Daisy to tea after Gatsby begs him to, the sweets served are lemon cakes from the delicatessen. The only lemon cakes I thought I could get from a deli around here would be Tastykake lemon cupcakes, and I couldn't bear to stoop that low.

Also caught up with laundry. Still hoping and praying, praying and a hoping. H. and I used to sing that to Figgy when she was in my belly. May things unfold as they should, and may we all stay safe and sound.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Slept late.
  2. Pored over my cookbooks, like I used to, to find my best lemon cake recipe.
  3. Walked to grocery store and back on this pretty day.
  4. Book group with friends! Laughter, compassion, wisdom.




No comments:

Post a Comment