Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

The World Is Our Playground

Figgy and H. had lunch near Parsons after his meeting in the city. She looks like an art student here.
Around the time H. texted me photo 1, I texted him and Figgy this--Punch at Barlett's Greenhouses & Florist on Grove Street. We went to buy purple geraniums. Punch held two kittens; this is Chanel. The other was Coco.

My beautiful Sis on Fifth Avenue near 22nd Street--we went to the L'Occitane event. It was crowded but we liked the tickets with purchase--one for a fancy cocktail, one for a hotdog from the Crif Dogs hotdog truck parked outside. Fashionistas and lotionistas lined up for veggie dogs and the Wylie, with fried mayonnaise. We tried the latter. They also served cotton candy inside; Sis sampling it here.
Sis and I walked back uptown, she to Grand Central and I to the Port. Stunning white building on corner of Broadway and 29th. 

Now I'm back in Montclair, a humble pumpkin again after wearing NY's glittery crown. And despite this blog post title, my life is not a carefree day at the playground, no worries in sight--I'm worried about many things, in fact. Yet having little Punch in our midst has ironically made me use the work time I do have more efficiently, so that's good. About to send a few story pitches to my editor now.

TCOY
  1. Buying and planting those purple geraniums. Pretty flowers fill my soul. I ran into Nancy from Bartlett's at the supermarket yesterday, and she said she had a few purple geraniums left, and that geraniums can thrive outside till Thanksgiving in our area.
  2. I got some L'Occitane bath & shower gel to soothe stress--smells good. I consider it insurance against anxiety.
  3. It was a spectacular weather day, and I drank it in--while Punch was on the swings with friends, while we rode the bus into NY and while Sis and I walked back from the event, the sky vivid and bright between skyscrapers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment