Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Skirtin Around, New Canaan


Sis and Don moved from Greenwich to Stamford, which is closer to New Canaan* [pronounced New Cane-in]. Punch and I slept over last night. [Sorry for the angry, unexplained outburst in my post last night. I was tired and cranky and she wouldn't go to sleep, even after a warm bubble bath. I was at the end of my rope and also wished I could have taken a bath.]

On this rainy Sunday, after years of pestering my big sister, we finally got to Skirtin Around, a New Canaan shop. I've seen the label at a store I like in Chatham, on the Cape, but the dresses weren't my size. So we drove over from Stamford. My Sis was good enough to wait in the car with Punch [who isn't so great in stores] while I made a quick sweep. I found a top I really like--Nantucket Orange, with golden buttons, ruffled neckline and bracelet-length sleeves.

I washed a skirt to go with it tomorrow. Figgy back home as of today--and when I look good, I feel like a have a port in the [sometime] storm. Good night.

TCOY
  1. Saw "Gravity" at the movies tonight with H. while Fig gave Punch a bath and put her to bed [even though she lay awake in bed until we got home]. Gripping. And I really liked a strong, smart heroine--with a tender side.
  2. About to take bubble bath.
*Per Wiki: New Canaan /nj ˈknən/ is a town in Fairfield CountyConnecticutUnited States, 8 miles (13 km) northeast of Stamford. The population was 19,738 according to the 2010 census.[1]
The town is one of the wealthiest communities in the nation. In 2013, New Canaan was ranked the wealthiest town in the nation on CNN Money's list of the top-earning places in the United States and in 2008 it had the highest median family income in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment