Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2013

Thanks Again, Cat

Love.
I've loved Cat Stevens since I was a teenager, alone on the cool brown tile floor in the bedroom I shared with Sis. I'd sit Indian style in my shorts, listening again and again as "Tea for the Tillerman" spun round and round on our portable record player. I think my favorite was "Father and Son": It's not time to make a change. Just relax, take it easy. You're still young, that's your fault. There's so much you have to know...

After Figgy was born, I started listening to the CD version a lot....in the car and at home. And now that Punch is here, it still calms me and lifts my spirit. I played it on the drive home from Sis's yesterday, and later heard Punch down near my elbow in the kitchen, chanting We're changing day to day, part of Cat's "Where Do the Children Play."

I love the way he plays those strings with all his heart. And I loved driving around in my junk-filled car today from one hard stop to the next, belting out the songs. Cat's art really touches me.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park. Included running up stadium steps.
  2. Stared down ice cream and other treats at store. 
  3. Long, hot bath.
  4. Nap.
  5. Long overdue chat and texting with Moey.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim. I remember you saying you like him, too. He is gifted. love alice

    ReplyDelete