Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Strange Bedfellows

About to crawl into bed with H. and a Nancy Drew book from 1967. Life was simpler then and mysteries more open-and-shut, a bit easier to solve. And teenagers were so wholesome....at least Nancy and her friends, that is.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Hot bubble bath with fragrant salts from Whole Foods.
  2. Good tooth care.
  3. Sunday Mass.
  4. Important reading.
  5. Saw and had cup of tea with Ryan Mernin, our friends' son, home from college in Montreal! Such a nice young man. That was fun.
  6. Nap.

2 comments:

  1. I always wanted to be Nancy Drew: brave and capable. Not mention Titian-blonde hair and a roadster (sometimes called a coupe). I read originals found in my grandparents basement, and was amazed at the independence those girls had.

    Hang in there.
    Love always,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nan. I remember that you loved Nancy Drew. I think of that when I read the books. Perhaps had I read them as a girl I would be more independent and confident now ;) but I'm working on it. thanks, Nan. love alice

    ReplyDelete