Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2014

Sealed with a Kiss and Dressed with Glitter

Hooray! One of my absolute favorite things to do is mail off letters and notes, but lately I've lost my equilibrium. Finally just dashed off this note to Figgy, with a tiny wooden angel on twine tucked inside. Those are the glitters I bought up in Maine....I still love girlhood pleasures like the red and white twist pattern on candy canes, the shake of sparkles on glue.

My mother used to write to me once a week at Douglass College. I have to find those letters again. Our Figgy is just across the river in NYC, and when I walk Sug down the hill at night, I can see the glittering city skyline and think of her. But a letter is a letter is a letter. And I, for one, am grateful for the U.S. Postal Service for completing the delivery task.

I would likely be calmer and kinder if I took time to glue, glitter and mail daily.


2 comments:

  1. My parents used to write me letters all the time, too. Isn't that amazing? I love getting mail, and I certainly would love a cute envelope like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eileen.....those letters are a treasure....we were lucky....xo

    ReplyDelete