Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Quik Church

I trust God understands when I arrive very late at noon Mass with Punchy. Sorry to say that today it was 12:32, and Communion was impending. I was embarrassed to be that late, and didn't join the line for bread and wine. [I hope it's not sacrilegious to phrase it that way.]

Sadly, as if I'm not tardy enough on my own, Punchy admits to doing things like not putting her boots on when I ask four times so that we will miss part of Mass.

But even in that short window of time, I communicated with my God. I told Punchy we needed to go in and see God and say some prayers. I told her I hoped he understood and thought he wasn't mad that we were late.

Punchy and I studied the carved wooden statue of Mary holding Baby Jesus in the back of the church.

There's the snake, she whispered, pointing to the coiled serpent under Mary's bare feet.

Yes, I said. That's supposed to be the devil. Good versus bad. Mary wins. She's on top. Good over bad.

Good versus bad, Punchy said.

I considered the candles, flickering--we often light one for family members. Saw the familiar ushers. Listened to the announcements, and the closing hymn.

Short but sweet on the prayer expressway. But one up from parking in front of the Blessed Mother grotto by the playground and saying some Hail Marys in the car.

Good night to you.

TCOY
  1. Bath.
  2. Please see above.
  3. Sis and Don and Chaiya came over and we took them out to Hat City Kitchen in Orange for birthday brunch for Don and afternoon blues jam. That was fun!
  4. Shoveled some snow. Looked pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment