Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Take Me to Cape May!!!

Congress Hall in Cape May. Beautiful picture--can't find the artist's name!!!
The website says it's America's oldest seaside resort, dating to 1816.
H. and I got engaged in Cape May a few days before Christmas 1989. We married in February 1991--can't believe it's been 24 years.

I distinctly remember strolling on a tiki-lit path in Maui on our honeymoon.....wearing a short green floral skirt and white crocheted sweater [both Laura Ashley, bought in NYC] with a tank top underneath, the faux pearls from my wedding day and the pretty gold sandals I found in the hotel boutique.

Do you think we'll ever come back to Hawaii?

[I'm sorry to say I can't remember H.'s reply. And I just popped into the kitchen to ask him, as he's taking a snack break, and he can't remember, either.]

Maybe we'll come back after 10 or 15 years of marriage....we could do that.

Well, we didn't. That was the statement of a young woman with few cares and no children. But we have returned to Cape May many times, with and without little Figgy. I'm so happy that we're going to Congress Hall this weekend....Punchy's Mimi lives in South Jersey and is going to meet us and take the Punchster for Friday and Saturday nights. I can't wait to drive to mile zero on the Garden State Parkway and take a break by the sea.

It's been too long.






4 comments: