Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2015

The No Cookie, Cake, Candy, Ice Cream & Pastry "Diet"

This Sunday will mark four weeks since I decided to stop eating sweet treats--because my moods were erratic and I was acting evil to my family. By the grace of God, I was able to step back and see myself screaming and being evil--or rather, to see a stranger I didn't recognize doing that. I clearly remember where I was standing, what I was wearing and what time it was: 11:22 a.m. on a Sunday morning.

I've had no sweet treats with few exceptions: An occasional Lily's stevia-sweetened chocolate bar, apple cake made at home with very little sugar and maybe some jam on a roll or toast. [I did make two cake exceptions this weekend--to try a special praline ice cream cake that someone's Dad sells to fancy restaurants in NYC and to sample a piece of my childhood friend Irene's cannoli sheet cake. But then I jumped swiftly back on the bandwagon. Sugar addict that I am, in the past I would have had more than one slice of the ice cream cake and a whole plate of desserts on the cannoli cake party day.]

I weighed myself today and have lost 5 pounds.

I am encouraged. And I feel better, too.


5 comments: