Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2015

Breathing Space

Back in a room of my own, while Punchy is away with her grandma. I have cleared my desk and parked my bottom. The little brunette returns tomorrow around dinnertime.

I also went to a new support group today that I've been meaning to check out for months. It's a little scary to go the first time but I'm glad I did. It's personal, so you will have to read between the lines. It should help with the complexities of my life--as foster mom, regular mom, etc.

Going up to read! Good night.

TCOY
  1. Took a nice long walk at 6 p.m. in Anderson Park. Perfect sunny weather. The funny part is, the tracker wasn't in my fitbit bracelet! I had left it home to charge. So my steps are not recorded; oh well.
  2. Made a healthy lunch. Baby kale salad with grilled artichokes and cherry tomatoes, plus a portabello mushroom with part-skim mozzarella melted on top.
  3. Met my friend for an iced coffee at Java Love.
  4. Good dental care.
  5. H. was working late in NYC, so after reading my friend Kim's blog about the movie "Inside Out," I decided to go. H., Figgy and Punch saw it when it opened, but it had been a long day for me, so I passed. I was intrigued with the idea of Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear at work in our brains. Good movie. Made me think of our Figgy.
  6. Just signed up/paid $20 for a mediation/basic asana class at Yoga Montclair, tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. After that, heading to Hoboken for a work appt. and then back home.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you saw the movie and enjoyed! We were very moved by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...thanks for your review, Kim..,ntriguing that Sadness can have a helpful role, isn't it? Another dimension...and loved the long-term storage of loving and feel-good memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, that was def the beauty of the film. The importance of all the parts working together for optimal mental health. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete