Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Heaven on Earth?

What do you think Heaven is like? I've always visualized it as a place with beautiful weather, like we had today. Fair weather. Pristine blue sky, sunbeams. Green leaves and bright flowers. Freshly mowed grass. Rolling hills.

I have never pictured people there, even though I've been told since my mom died when I was 20 that I'd see her again in Heaven. 

What, are there white, unmarred souls bopping around up there? 

I guess this glorious September weather--and the Pope's visit--just hit some celestial notes for me.

Good night.

TCOY
1. Pope Francis! Watched him on TV--addressing Congress in DC and then arriving at JFK Airport and riding in the Popemobile on Fifth Avenue to Saint Patrick's Cathedral.
2. Had greens and protein at lunch. Felt energized to work creatively.
3. Lit little candles to hang in the apple tree. Brightens the night.
4. Hot bath w Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt with lavender. So calming. Check at CVS or your supermarket.

2 comments:

  1. My concept of heaven is murky at best and ever-evolving. I'm not sure it's a place anymore, but rather, perhaps a state of being. I still cling to the idea that there is more after this world and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that, Kim. I always wonder what other people think happens when we die. I think those of us left behind on earth cannot bear to think there is not an afterlife. But when I try to contemplate what an afterlife would be, it gets too hard and I don't get too far. Too hard to comprehend. Need suspension of disbelief, I guess.

    ReplyDelete