Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Brownie & a Spelling Bee

I would like to do a longer blog post, but will hold off for now, since I'm typing on my iPhone. Punchy was using my laptop to study for her weekly Friday spelling test. The teachers recommended spellingcity.com, where you enter the week's 30 words and then play free games to test your mettle.

For second grade, the words seem pretty big. For example: flinging. Godspeed to these little brain trusts; may they travel far in life, flinging around million-dollar phrases.

And, the brownie: H, picked Punch up from school to get her to 4 p.m. CCD class on time and she sweet-talked him into stopping at Cakeaholic for her favorite brownie. It's so generously sized, she can get 3 servings from it. Her favorite trick, learned from owner/baker Julie, is to zap the brownie for 30 secs in the microwave. She just had some with a cold glass of milk.

I didn't. My sweets craving ran like wild horses today. I started out fine but then decided to get a medium chocolate chip cookie as I was leaving Jackie's Grillette. Then I went 2 doors up to Little Daisy Bake Shop for a brownie cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Then the nice woman there said it's their 4th birthday and gave me a small piece of yummy white vanilla cake. 

Then I emailed my supportive friend with the title "wild horses." She said it helps to take a deep breath and resist the urge. She also asked if I could commit to no more sweets for the day. Yes, I could. Hence, I did not eat part of Punchy's dark delight.

Good night to you.

TCOY
  1. Salon blowout.
  2. That SOS email.
  3. Wore aqua cashmere Lilly sweater that I bought on sale with Sis in Florida a couple of years ago. Like it.
  4. Ice water.


No comments:

Post a Comment