Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pearls of Wisdom & Gratitude

I bought two colors; classic white and pale gold*.

There I was, innocently leaving Vamp Hair Studio last week after a power blowout, when I took a turn and popped into Rabbit Rabbit, one of my favorite shops in town. The "Rabbits"--owners Catherine and Donna, coworkers Kelly and Susan--are stylish in all ways, from home design to clothing and accessories. The store is primarily a home shop, but they have a case of carefully chosen jewelry. They were all wearing these bracelets the other day! I couldn't resist. The idea is that when your eye is drawn to one of the pearls, you should count a blessing--be it your husband or an excellent cup of coffee [seriously, the tag suggests that].

The stretchy bracelets [in two sizes, I chose the larger one] are made with sterling silver and Swarovski pearls in several colors. The Rabbits were wearing two at a time and I decided to also. Yesterday, I went back and got a white pearl one for my dear friend/baby sitter Elaine, who needs some blessings for her family right now. And I am eyeing them as Christmas gifts for Figgy, Punch, Sis and Moey, too--at least. Cost per bracelet: $28.

The website is www.blessing-bracelet.com. But I suggest you pop right into Rabbit Rabbit on Lorraine Avenue instead. Then you can start wearing yours NOW!

Punchy is intrigued by it. I touch the pearls on mine and say, "You, Figgy, H., Sugar, Auntie, Don, your Mom" and so on.

Good night to you.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park.
  2. H. made broccoli rabe, salmon and sweet potatoes for dinner.
  3. Walked Sug.
*The framed photo shows Dad and Mom on their honeymoon road trip in June 1951 from their native New York City to Cape Cod, Maine and New Hampshire .

No comments:

Post a Comment