Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Chamber of Secrets

Our Figgy wasn't wildly interested in her Dad reading the Harry Potter books when she was younger; they read one or two.

But Punch! Punchy loves them! H. sits in his beloved Grandma Millie's brown rocking chair next to Punchy's bed and reads every night. They breezed through the first two and are starting the third tonight. After they finish each, it's family movie night and we watch the one they just finished.

She says things like I wish there were 150 books, not just seven. And when she misbehaves, H. says, Watch it, Miss, or no Harry tonight. Sometimes she can't clean up her act, and has a Harryless bedtime.

Tonight was movie night, and it was fun. We have an hour left to watch tomorrow night.

I'd better get to bed. H. got a pizza--a whole one--and I gave into it. But that led to some dark chocolate, rice pudding, a little banana bread and so on. I had planned to make asparagus, potatoes and chicken but when I walked in and saw my family hunkered down around the TV with a pizza box, watching the movie, I chose to join right in.

Still, I did some things right. Please see below. Good night.

TCOY
1. One-hour walk with Sug up, up, up the hilly roads. 
2. Stared down pignoli cookies, biscotti, tiramisu, cupcakes and giant chocolate chippers when I stopped on Walnut Steet for a latte.
3. Drank a lot of ice water.
4. Private Benjamin, tough to face facts and fears.
5. Stopped and saw Anne and Nikki on way home, since my sitter was here.

5 comments:

  1. Reading Harry to the girls was one of my great memories. I read all 7 aloud to Maja, who was also reading the last few herself, but insisted. :-) I'm so glad he's holding off on the movies until each book is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Little Women and The Hobbit. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim those must be sweet memories and I still remember the essay you wrote about Little Women, a vivid essay I loved. Btw just got concealer for photo day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice did you see the announcement today that there will be a new Harry Potter book coming out this summer? He's an overworked Ministry of Magic official, with three school-aged kids according to NPR.

    ReplyDelete