Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Mall Walking

Mall walking really did push up my fitbit numbers today. No wonder we get so thirsty and hungry and tired from Christmas shopping!

Black merino wool cardigan with mismatched sparkly buttons.
A lot of good things happened today, including a trip to the Mall at Short Hills. I had ordered a sweater on sale from ToryBurch.com with my $50 birthday gift card [yes, they finally cleared that up for me] but didn't like it on me nearly as much as I did on the lanky, slender model on the website. But the best part was, it was 30 percent off sale prices in the Tory store. So I returned that sweater and got a gorgeous black cardigan with jeweled buttons, originally $395, marked down to $111.

It's Ash Wednesday, too, and I found it interesting that there were so many soot-marked foreheads among the well-heeled Short Hills shoppers. I don't know why that surprised me, since I am Catholic and am as materialistic as the next shopper. It's such a high-end mall; I just didn't expect it. Meanwhile, I don't know what I'm giving up or changing for the 40 days of Lent. Sometimes I try to do proactive things, like I used to write to my grandmother weekly. Not sure.....

I need to take a nice bath. Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in Gary's studio. There were 14 of us at class.
  2. Healthy green juice with kale, plus shrimp salad and cauliflower in tahini sauce.
  3. Walked Sug around block plus did that mall walking. Altogether, I topped 13,000 steps today.
  4. The impending bath.





No comments:

Post a Comment