Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2016

Trivial Pursuit

It's almost 10 and I signed up for an 8 a.m. yoga class. Haven't been to yoga in a couple weeks, and find it helpful. Deep breathing and all. Steady grounding. Reaching. Perspective.

Random thoughts:

1. I really wanted cake today, as in a nice, thick slice of layer cake, or cookies, or candy. None in the house. Tried to power through it with yogurt, but did then scramble for the vegan marshmallows I'd bought for Figgy and also, before bed, a small cup of a new Ben & Jerry's vegan coffee fudge flavor, which was quite good.

2. I'm in bed, ready to read. Too many choices: The New York Times, Vanity Fair or a book I heard about on NPR called American Girls: Social Media and the Secret Lives of Teenagers, by Nancy Jo Sales. Got that from the library and it was due back May 19.

3. Punchy had a rough evening. It's no surprise. This is a pattern after visits. Her therapist says she feels rejected or abandoned. Sad and/or angry over it. But she took a shower and calmed down and liked the salmon and sweet potato I made in the toaster oven for dinner. I also gave her some of my special Annick Goutal rose-petal beauty cream from Paris to put on.

Good night. Peace all around. Went to boot camp, dead-headed my pansies and used a nice deep hair conditioner with jasmine.


No comments:

Post a Comment