Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Eye on Wall Street

Very nice iced coffee, $3.50.

Took the A train downtown to Fulton Street and walked over to Wall Street for a small work task. Then had excellent iced coffee at La Colombe before walking back to the train and heading uptown to donate platelets at NY Blood Center in Port Authority.

In a healthy salad place called Sweetgreen, I watched the Wall Streeters lining up for their quinoa, kale, tahini dressing and iced fruit teas. [The place is experimenting with taking no cash, just cards.] What a well-dressed group of greens lovers--very Brooks Brothers and Thomas Pink, J.McLaughlin and Ted Baker, the women in sheath dresses, no low necklines, discreet minimalist gold necklaces, and not a scuffed pump or worn-in men's loafer in sight. Talk about being well-heeled. The customers also looked very fit and healthy.

The platelet giving is tedious--but there's a critical need. I had to keep my arm extended in place for over 2 hours, squeezing the ball in my first on and off. Glad to help save lives.

Good night.

TCOY
1. Walking up subway station stairs. Hit 9,988 steps today.
2. That salad.
3. Read Thoreau's Cape Cod on bus to city. Enjoying it!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for donating platelets. You can guess why. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of that really helps me through it. And La Colombe coffee began in Philly! I think you and I popped in its shop that time we met in Philly, but I'm not sure. Love, Al

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's right about coffee at La Colombe in Philly. And I can't even count how many units of platelets and red cells L. needed over the course of all her treatment. That is why Joe and I donate regularly, but we will never be able to repay it all. So you, as part of our family, are helping!

    ReplyDelete