Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Dollars & Scents Report Tomorrow

 
Broome Street in SoHo, about 5 p.m.

It was a pretty day to walk around SoHo and the Village with Sis, sniffing and sipping and shopping. The lunch was at La Mela on Mulberry Street and it was ample and excellent but I allowed myself to indulge in the dessert platter. Hard to resist. Then I felt:
  1. Self-conscious, thinking my belly grew noticeably in my DVF pale gray wool wrap dress. Thank God for smoothing gray Wolford tights.
  2. Ungainly when walking all of those subway steps and ramps between the N train Times Square stop and the Port Authority. Take it easy, the man in the little subway snack shop said when I bought a cold Peach Diet Snapple. I thought I must have looked tired, dragging and heavy to him.
  3. Kind of sick. Had to lie down on couch when I got home 2 1/2 hours later.
  4. Irritable, picking fights with my family.
Better days ahead. Memo to self: Skip the cannoli. There's no such thing as a free dessert.

What I did resist that the Former Me would not have: Li-Lac Chocolates, Amy's Bread pastries, Billy's Bakery layer cake, Magnolia Bakery cupcakes, rice pudding store, glossy dark chocolate dunked espresso beans from Porto Rico Importing Co.on Bleecker Street and palettes of pretty macarons everywhere I turned. Also, back at the ranch: Goblin green sugar cookies from Halloween party Punch went to and box of four donuts she decorated at her pal's bday party at Montclair Bread Co. 

Good night. Live and learn, as my mother used to say.

TCOY
1. Logged over 14,000 steps on my Fitbit.
2. Salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment