Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Only Thing I Exercised Today Was My Fingers

Working on tight deadlines for ASPIRE DESIGN AND HOME Magazine. It's quarterly, but the deadlines seem to come up so fast every time. Also, I'm writing six pieces for this issue. When I worked on staff at monthly magazines, we must have had zero down time, or been very, very organized [the latter]. Plus, I have to fit in work for three other clients, too, and one is pretty demanding.

I won't lie, it's fun to write for the magazine about a Brooklyn soft-sculpture artist; an artist and shopkeeper in the Catskills; and an architect and designer based in Montclair. Writing is a craft, and that parts feels rewarding and proficient. Besides, magazines are my first love, and you never forget your first love.

But my shoulder wings are tired, and I swapped my beloved heels [which I even wear to work at home] for sneakers, for better grounding. And my babysitter/friend Elaine said I look tired.

I'm ready for a good night's sleep.

TCOY
  1. Figgy made us a healthy, yummy vegan supper. Wraps filled with pan-browned, curried tofu slices, red cabbage, cilantro, pickles, tomatoes.....really good. H., Punch and I all really liked them.
  2. Healthy snack: almonds and raisins.



No comments:

Post a Comment