Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

 
Above: I got serious with what I dipped the butter-cookie tree trunks in.

Lydia and George had their annual holiday party and this year it was better than ever--with karaoke! It was hilarious. We sang songs by Meat Loaf, Janis Joplin, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Taylor Swift, Neil Diamond and many more. So much fun! To see everyone grab the mike and start swaying...good times.

On top of that, G and L pulled out all the stops with appetizers, tender beef, sushi, a full bar and a dessert buffet. A lot of us brought sweet endings. I made the butter cookie cutouts I've been making since high school but this time with the Christmas tree trunks dipped in the finest dark chocolate I could find.

Lots of fun in our neighborhood.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Morning support group. Though I arrived late and had to leave early, since had to dash to grocery store before H. took car to Massachusetts overnight to work at a party.
  2. Punchy and I--and Fig helped a little--cleaned out our pantry, polishing the shelves w orange oil cleaner, consolidating things and setting up a whole tea shelf since we have so many teas. I also cleaned the fridge. This feels good and less out of control.
  3. Nap.
  4. The party started 7:30 and that's when my good sitter, Elaine, arrived. But I didn't leave till maybe 9:10 because I wanted to take my time mixing, rolling and cutting the dough and decorating the trees with swags of melted chocolate, sprinkles and dragees. I just had to walk up the block.  I also took time to pull on tights and a sweater, brush on black mascara, use my new Nars lipstick in a shade called Janet, which I love. Elaine is good as gold. She  unloaded dishwasher, folded wash, helped me clean up since book group coming 11 a.m. Then she had Punch take a bath, etc. etc.  I stayed at the party till it broke up at 1:15. That's a babysitting bill of $78 for tonite. Figgy watched Punch last night when we went to James Taylor concert and will watch her tomorrow from 10:30 to 1:30 for book group since H. is out of town. But tonite, Fig is out w friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment