Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2016

What Child Is This?

Today I watched my friend's baby boy [her sweet little girl was napping] for under an hour while she went to pick up his two big brothers at school.

Little Henry is so lovable and cute. He recently had his first birthday. He is very can-do, pulling himself up, crawling, pointing to things he wants to see or hold. So adorable, with his soft blonde baby hair, chubby cheeks, tiny feet, strong little calves. His smile hiding behind his pacifier--Baby Figgy used to grin merrily behind her pacie, too.

I loved his miniature white sweater, his clean baby smell, his whole being. Such a bundle of love. As I said to his mom, I loved my baby girls, but somehow it's different to swoop in now for a visit and experience pure delight. The baby and I looked at the ceiling fan [he pointed at it a lot], the fresh Christmas tree, the snow globe, the pompon on my tote, the bells on a holiday pillow and the silver jingle bell hanging under a sprig of fake mistletoe.

Such a sweet gift to hold my friend's baby boy.

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Not ready yet, not at all, but experiences like these have stirred the very beginnings of longing for grandparenthood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kim.....I also thought of my Dad, and how he used to watch Baby Figgy and how delightful it seemed to him [as long as no dirty diapers] :)

      Delete