Search This Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Yum, Salad Supper

My friends were otherwise engaged so I came alone to Ladies Night in Upper Montclair. [Not that I won't run into lots of women I know, both shoppers and shop owners.] This is my turf! Just ordered this salad at Jackie's Grillette. "Greek salad with grilled chicken?" the handsome young owner asked. Nope, just house salad, though I would have loved the feta!!! But this is so tasty. And so far, I passed up the pretty monogrammed French macarons, mini flutes of Champagne and margarita tasting, all tailor-made for Girls' Night Out. I even looked the other way at Pink Bungalow when I saw a tray of fudge brownies dusted w coarse sea salt. Turned toward another kind of crystal--Swarovski sparkles on dainty ribbon bracelets and chokers--but didn't succumb to those beauties, either. Wallet would not allow. Onward.

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. Not so much like deprivation at all! I did google the grey sheet food plan and it does look like quite a commitment. But sometimes that's what it takes -- a deep, personal commitment. Wishing you success, of course, and melting pounds! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lin, it really was delicious. Thanks for the nice note. Hope we can make a date w Sis soon. Love, Al xo

      Delete