Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Catholic on Cape Cod: Feeding the Masses

I loved the homily at St. Joan of Arc Church in Orleans today. The priest said we all have trying times in life and at those times, God carries us. He said we might be sad, fearful. anxious or stressed because of death, illness, divorce, an addiction in the family, job loss, moving to a new location....I liked what he said. His words reached me and I'm grateful. So often, I'm daydreaming and the sermon is lost on me.//I did notice the beautiful sleeveless pink and white Lilly Pulitzer dress a lady near me was wearing. It had white lace trim. She accessorized with large, smooth  pearl pebble earrings, flat silver sandals and a straw Nantucket-basket style handbag. She carried it off seamlessly, and the colors looked great with her sleek black hair, neatly pinned up. Good nite. Want to write more but too tired. We leave Cape tomorrow, getting up 7:30 to clean house. Took lovely farewell dip in Great Pond today at 6:15 p.m. Xoxo Signing off from old Cape Cod,

No comments:

Post a Comment