Search This Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Devil’s Food 

This moment was captured about 2.5 hrs. after I got my Devil's Food pedi.
This time, I’m referring not to the dark, rich Martha Stewart Living layer cake I love baking, but the shade of Essie nail polish my perfectionist pedicurist Yajaira [at Salon 212, she’s amazing!] suggested when I said I was in the mood for a rich brown cocoa color. It’s pretty dark but I like it, especially w Halloween right around the bend./I built in that beauty time between taking a bath, biking to support group, biking back home to load pile of dishes into dishwasher, Ubering to town [$8] and then to Punchy’s soccer game @ the park [$6]. After the game, Dan dropped me with Punch [at right in photo above, with her pal] at Applegate Farm for sherbet and we walked the hilly route home. My point is, I literally felt polished and pampered because I made time for this salon hour today. That feeling prevailed when I caught sight of my toes when walking the dog, sitting at the movies, not getting scoops when the girls did. A pedicure is one of life’s best investments./Gnite.

2 comments: