Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2018

And the Packing Begins!

Dan and I, Sug in the car, ears perked and nose twitching while looking for Punchy, plan to meet her yellow bus on the corner at 4 pm and head to the Cape! Figgy holding down the fort, with "massive studying for chemistry," work on Saturday/Sunday and, let’s face it, friends.
I was up 3 am til almost 5 w worries about Punchy. [I despise the mean girls drama and she has already been on both ends, and firmly in the middle.] We need all the prayers in the world, I told Dan at 2 am. He had worked late at the kitchen table on a writing deadline and when he came to bed, told me about latest stir, at soccer party I missed. He handled it well on the spot but I still worry.
Resting a little in AC before completing packing of bright pink floral Lilly Pulitzer totes--to be filled w towels, sheets, PB, jelly, meds, swimsuits?, books and every turquoise accessory I can get my hands on.
Yes, even for 3 nites.
Enjoy your day!





4 comments:

  1. Lovely when the right thing to do is the fun thing to do! Yay for whisking P away from drama to remind her she has family and nature and the health to enjoy both, and so is a lucky girl. And I packed light once in my life a long time ago but bring 3 pairs of shoes for 24 hours away. I’m painting so breathe in some ocean year for me! Between this and Yasmine’s grad, I am nostalgic for MA!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I blew kisses out the window several times driving through Somerville as we whizzed about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, Alice, sounds like the Cape is the Rx you all need.

    ReplyDelete