Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2018

Home Again


Punch in pond.

Sug resting on Cape couch. I love that fabric, not only because it’s classic Cape Cod, with pheasants and such, but also because my Mom picked it out--in 1979--and was pleased with it. [Poor Sug has a bandage because she was biting at a cyst.]
The approx. 300-mile drive back to Montclair took us about 6 hours; we hit some holiday weekend traffic in Connecticut.
As long rides go with Punchy, it was pretty good. We listened to and talked about a few songs by Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and Billy Joel. Like me, Punch likes to know tidbits about their lives. From googling, I could share that Leonard did once love a pretty Marianne ["So Long, Marianne"] and that he died 2 years ago at age 82–and that Billy Joel had a daughter named Alexa and has been married several times.
Also, being slackers, we tried to get Punch to do the math homework she missed Thursday, when she was home sick. Fail. We should have insisted she do it at a table, not in a rolling car on a highway!
It was good to be away, and it’s good to be back home. Busy workweek starts tomorrow.
As usual, we had to clean the Cape house--and Dan pulled out the red mower and did the lawn. He vacuumed, I changed the beds, we packed up the food, shook out the rug, left the window shades half-mast, the way my brother Will wants them. I turned off the water and a couple of circuit breakers, locked the doors--and left with my Dad’s keys to the house in my purse.
Good night. Soft landing to us all.

5 comments:

  1. My encounter less benign - got poison ivy on my hands and face, must get to dermatologist today. Bah. End of month always busy at work, and this will be a pain. Love how you and D so interactive with P.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes so sorry to hear about poison ivy. What a bummer. That’s not fair! Hope it clears up soon and wishing positive work power for us all. Did you like Star Wars? Xo

      Delete
  2. Meant to say encounter with nature! 30 minutes gardening and I never saw the stuff. I generally enjoy nature from the window for this reason. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Liz,so sorry to hear! Alice, I love the peeks at the Cape thru your eyes and I LOVE the couch fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete