Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Hot as Blazes--Picnic Plate for Lunch


Temps hit the high 80s today. Luckily, I had steamed some bicolor corn last night and bought a rotisserie chicken and a bag of coleslaw mix. I topped the shredded cabbage w S&P and a squeeze of mayo. I also walked 25 min into town to get car at mechanic. Along the way, my energy was lagging. I popped into Juice Culture and, for the first time, bought a bottle of their delicious "chocolate milk," made with cashews, raw cacao powder [no added sugar] and dates. It was so good. Gold-standard price--$8--but divine, and no refined sugar or honey. I have my eye on their mocha milk, too.

You have got to try this place. It’s beauty in a cup or bowl, sipped through a straw or spooned right up. I’m curious about the organic hot infusions, too, including The Jackie, Golden Milk fashioned from homemade almond milk, turmeric and more. Good night. Smoothie dreams.

5 comments:

  1. It is a full two months later than I usually haul out summer clothes! Great photo and I think finding an acceptable treat is so important. If I don’t have one set up I either obsess or grab something really not so hot. Costco has helped me out - 100 calorie frozen Greek yogurt bar in mint choc chip! It’s delicious and just enough after dinner.
    Happy weekend!
    Lkz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz. Yum that yogurt bar sounds good! Just got organic yogurt mango lassi drink at Whole Foods and Punch and I loved it. 3 g added sugar per cup but other naturally occurring sugar too xo

      Delete
  2. That sounds delicious!

    There are so many different milks right now. I just started seeing ads for oat milk. Your little vegan might like that!

    I buy almond milk once in a while, and Fairlife, which is an extra protein, extra calcium chocolate milk, for my teen on a growth spurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Eileen. I’ve seen Fairlife and didn’t realize higher protein—great idea. How old is your good teen now? Figgy prefers unsweetened almond milk and coconut milk. There are so many choices! I know a man who drives a big milk delivery truck and he says those are not milks, but nut juices. Interesting. Maybe as you!

      Delete
    2. I typed miss you and it turned into maybe as you!

      Delete