Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2018

Too Hot to Handle 

The Montclair school superintendent sent an email blast Sunday advising us to remember water bottles for the kids. I was late getting Punchy’s to her before the bus, so drove over and dropped it at the office. It was frosty and cold.

I hate the heat. And it was so hot today that just waiting on line for a Starbucks decaf iced coffee had me breaking out in a sweat. 

They were out of decaf, and I avoid regular after 5, so no go.

I know it’s beastly hot when jewelry feels like a heavy wool coat. Even my light turquoise leaf earrings were almost too much.

Good night.

TCOY

  1. Went to dr. for follow-up. Better bloodwork and weight going down.
  2. Invested in multivitamin for women, nurse practitioner’s suggestion.
  3. Turkey burger, no roll, and crunchy pickle.
  4. Dropped off four sweaters for dry cleaning. Closet organized!
  5. I sautéed fresh apricot and white peach wedges in a little salted butter and dark brown sugar.
  6. Important reading, writing and reflecting,


4 comments:

  1. Hot here too, but productive. thanks for good wishes! The last weeks of the school year are an endurance contest...
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had a productive day, friend! Admire you.

      Delete
  2. Yay on the better bloodwork and weight going down! Good job, Alice, your hard word and focus is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. Yes, I am happy about that.
      As you say, keeping my eye on the ball is important. xo

      Delete