Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2018

Beach Read

I bought Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll yesterday in Long Branch because I wanted to hold an actual novel in my hands at the Shore. It’s about a young, socially climbing magazine writer with a secret--still to be revealed. I like it. Escapism. And I also like that picking it up and reading it transports me to a relaxing state of mind, as though I’m still where I was when I read the first sentence--on a lounge chair by the sea. Holding it in my hands brings back the scent of sunscreen, clean white towels and an ocean breeze.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree about reading -sometimes I let trolling the internet substitute and it is not the same at all. My escapism right now is crime novels set in dc/silver spring, stomping grounds for Nan and me.

    Different parts of the Chesapeake bay are not too far, and great for sailing. I can get to a pretty urban beach on the bay in 45 mi utes and like it a lot. But when we move back into the master bedroom in August (knock wood!), we will have 2 nights in OceanCity MD, which is a 3 hour drive but the Atlantic with rolling waves. Incentive!
    Happy reading!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete