Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Healthy Cooking

I made Spinach Scramble Egg Muffins from Aspicyperspective.com so we have healthy breakfasts on hand this week. Even Punchy liked them. And they’re supereasy to whisk up in a bowl.

For dinner tonight, I made Vegan Corn Chowder from minimalistbaker.com, using fresh corn from a local farm, veg both, almond milk, Cape Cod sea salt and smoky paprika. All four of us liked it. I sautéed shrimp for Punch, Dan and me--to add to our soup bowls.

And yet--if I do one thing, I forfeit another. Take time to shop for healthy ingredients, cook and clean up, and then run out of time to apply makeup. Take time for makeup and arrive at Mass even later. Can’t win. I am a work in progress.

And this was a day when Dan did dishes and took Punch to Art in the Park w a couple of other dads and their girls.

So I had free time. But instead of carefully wielding a black mascara wand and rolling on my Trish McEvoy creamy eye shadow from the Hamptons, I chose to kick back on the couch and watch "Dial M for Murder," Hitchcock’s 1954 classic starting Grace Kelly, and take a nap to conserve energy for Punchy's return, like a bear filling up on berries for winter.

Good night to you.

2 comments:

  1. I am a slow cook and it makes me crazy. Saw The Wife, and Glenn Close has that Oscar locked up. Also saw a college sophomore friend of the family who is so funny and fun, it was a good weekend. Now, lots more work!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm supposed to see The Wife with my friend tomorrow! Our book group read it.....good luck to us both with work....good karma....

      Delete