Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sunday Visit with Sis 

Dan, Punch and I drove to visit Sis in CT. She took us to a lovely lunch at the Greenwich Water Club. 

Rainy-day tired. So tired, after cooking, dishes and laundry tonite, I reached for the dumb box of Lucky Charms cereal. It’s like I hit a wall, was so tired but still had to hang up wash, etc. so figured, on some level, that I needed sugary fuel. Not good. 

Good night. Below: Sis and Punch. [Figgy works most Saturdays and Sundays.] Dan blowing out candle 4 days early. Punch w the Strawberry Supreme dessert, so fancy. 🍓 

TCOY

I think I should write this list so I remember what I’m doing right--I’ve been slipping up w sugar.

  1. Applied concealer, eye shadow, mascara.
  2. Greek yogurt.
  3. No alcohol at lunch--it converts to sugar and I lose control. Had ice water and nice decaf cappuccino.
  4. Small pc bread instead of half the bread basket.
  5. Kale salad w lobster and sunflower seeds for enttee.
  6. Strawberries and cream for dessert. But also a big biscotti and a few spoonfuls of Punchy’s Strawberry Supreme as I watched it melt into a tempting, cold pool. See what I mean about slipping?
  7. We took a walk w Sis and Buttercup near the marina and marsh grass. Pretty.
  8. Broccoli, salmon.
  9. No school tomorrow, Rosh Hashanah. Stayed up to watch "Mr. Monk Goes to a Wedding." I love "Monk."


2 comments:

  1. Yes, Catholic High school, 58 kids in my graduating class. Also slipping on sugar, resetting determination today.
    Is Dans birthday the 13th? If so, we’re twins!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, such a small class. Intimate. Yes sept 13! Good karma! Xo

      Delete