Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2018

Castle in the Air

I didn’t do my work today and I’m not happy about that. 

I slept a lot, Sug curled by my side.

I had emails to send for articles, a project to complete and a pitch to send, and I couldn’t get myself dressed and ready to do it.

I was legitimately tired, could not fall asleep til near 2 a.m. [fighting an impending cold, I had napped yesterday]. And I was upset about a couple of things. Instead of trusting that I could face them calmly, eye to eye, I felt defeated--before the battles were even fully underway. And maybe they don’t have to be battles but just negotiations, and civil ones.

I often assume a prone position when I am upset. Then I feel like a failure after resting too much.

Tomorrow is a fresh day.

Anyway, after a shower and shampoo and the arrival of the schoolbus at 4, things perked up. They always do when shopping is involved, even if it’s for groceries. I went w Punch and bought ingredients to make two good recipes from Melissa Clark’s In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite. Plan to make this weekend.

By 6 p.m., we were in Paterson near this historic castle w. Punchy’s friend. Dan took a short run and we explored a little. Pretty place. We’ve been there before, w young Fig.


Good night to you.

TCOY

  1. That shower and shampoo.
  2. The healthy ingredients bought and recipes planned.
  3. The view from the castle.
  4. Seeing my Heavenly Blue Morning Glories finally in bloom. I planted the seeds months ago.
  5. Broccoli.
  6. Baby spinach [in tacos supper I made].
  7. I miss yoga and my back hurts when I roll over in bed. But my fave teacher’s classes are 8 a.m. Setting alarm for 7, hope to make it. 


1 comment: