Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Good Night, Lightning Bolts

Please, no more storms knocking down trees! The wind in 2010 sent a tall tulip tree crashing through our roof and we had to move out for 8 months while our home was rebuilt.

And on June 26, a tree crashed into our garage and that must be demolished and rebuilt, but the insurance estimate is far from our contractor’s estimate and we are in a quandary. Then another tree fell later in the summer, taking down more of our back fence.

It’s a mess.

Goood night.

TCOY

  1. Important meeting to discuss important [life] issues w friend.
  2. Coffee w my friend Anne!
  3. Private Benjamin appointment.
  4. Handful of raw spinach incorporated into late dinner. [LOL, laughing at how lame and ass-backwards that sounds compared to my friend Kim’s meals, with pan-fried veggies and roasted pears on oatmeal. I eat that way too, sometimes, but not today.]
  5. Large quantities of ice water.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that’s terrible. And getting any contractor can be such a hassle right now. There’s the people like u repairing storm damage and the people doing big projects to age in place, plus general strong economy stuff ( tho I think the economy is hugely vulnerable, but I digress), I know my mom and my sister in law have had trouble getting contractors to come by, they don’t need small jobs. In short, I am very sorry to hear about the tree damage!

    Lol about lame food. No way! Good to note the positive steps to get more vegetables, so yay for you.

    Plus, it’s crazy to make a big deal about food if u r trying to diminish it’s importance in your life. I’m trying to think “ food as fuel” and separate it from I am sad or I am bored. I intend to eat as many veg as I can, as easily as I can, and spend time on other things. Today is a reading day, not working!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete