Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Good Night, Sunday Mass 

I was late again...but I liked being there. Sliding into the last pew. Saying the Our Father. Seeing the Blessed Mother statue and the blue stained-glass window behind the altar. Hearing about the Italian dinner fundraiser. It’s annual but I’ve never been. And: the words to the Communion hymn. 

Eat this bread, drink this cup, come to me and never be hungry.

I find solace there, inside those walls. Punch was at Mimi’s, returned 4 p.m., so Mass wasn’t a scramble. I could sit quietly, listen and pray.

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. On my mind, on my lips, in my heart... agree, lovely to let the language wash over you. Truck is broken, so we skipped, Peter did a boatload of driving Saturday, had guitar sat night and was sleeping in. Alone I would have walked, but my mom is here. Road trip here would be fun!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh your mom is visiting! How lovely. Yes, I hope Kim and I can get there in earlyish 2019 if it works for everyone!

      Delete