Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2018

This Woman Amazes Me 

Angela Liddon, that is--author of the Oh She Glows vegan cookbook. Check her fabulous BLOG.  I just made the Crunchy Maple-Cinnamon Roasted Almond Butter*.

Here are images from the cookbook:


My almond butter is much drier. I have a small food processor and didn’t want to blend for a full 5 to 10 minutes and have the motor burn out. But longer processing would have made it creamier. It’s ok, I will just press the spread down when I slather it on warm, toasted whole-grain bread.

I’m going to have some now for a bedtime snack.

Good night. I’m struggling with something painful but it’s private to someone under my roof and I can’t say it here.

*Almond butter, in jars or grind-your-own at Whole Foods, is pricey. Alas, making your own is costly, too--this recipe calls for raw almonds that roast in the oven, pure vanilla, pure maple syrup, chia seeds and hemp seeds. I got the last two in the nutrition aisle at CVS! Couldn’t find at ShopRite.

7 comments:

  1. I am trying to be more realistic about when I will try vegan recipe. I get enthused about recipe and buy ingredients, then throw them out when I don’t get to it. As you say, this can get pricey! And this reminds me to say, I also like the title of the mag - aspire is me, I wish ACHIEVE was me, but I sure do aspire! Best of luck with loved ones in a fix.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aspire, right, that is a magic power word many of us can relate to. And—-I bought these ingredients weeks ago and finally got around to it. So I hear you. These were all nuts, seeds, etc, so didn’t spoil. I am still eager to dig into book you and Nan sent, and will soon. I get scattered. Thanks for good wishes.!it is hard to witness pain you cannot fix. Love Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps. Wish we could all meet up again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, it's our turn to head down. Maybe after the holidays we can make a date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is expensive! But I like it so much better than peanut butter, and I find that a little goes a long way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and it’s supposed to be better for us than PB :)

      Delete