Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

TCOY: Lucky Seven

1. Walked to Montclair State to attend Women Entrepreneurship Conference. Cool panelists, from Google, Johnson & Johnson, startup brands and more. I loved being back on a college campus, walking on a brisk fall day. The energy, the promise. Would have loved to stay til conference ended at 2 pm but
2. Mammogram at St. Barnabas in Livingston.
3. They emailed me results....films were normal. Relieved. I had put it off so long--found out my last one was December 2014. I get so busy taking Punch [and occasionally, Fig] to appointments that I put myself last.
4. Alarm set to get up early to bike to school again tomorrow.
5. Eevee [organic yogurt bowl] from Joyist. Half-size, $6 and filling.
6. Sautéed mushrooms, made turkey fingers recipe again.
7. After shower, spritzed arms and chest with Revitalize Body Oil from Naked + Thriving, based in NYC. The nourishing blend with jojoba, red raspberry and coconut oil sinks in nicely, leaves skin feeling soft and smells good. I bought it at Joyist, my favorite source for everything from freshly pressed cashew milk to nutritious smoothies. The owner, Kacy, looks so pretty and healthy, I figure that a beauty oil sold in her shop will be a gift from the goddesses. :)

Good night to you.

2 comments:

  1. Alice, you're doing so great. Sounds like you are getting a ton of activity and lots of healthy food. And good for you for getting the mammogram.

    In Philly, there's an annual PA Conference for Women that I am dying to go to. I tried to go the last year that I was freelancing, and it was sold out. Now, I'm working FT so haven't made an effort to get there. But I really want to, both for inspiration and future story ideas.

    xo, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. This free annual conference was at college campuses across the country. I had never heard of it, or been to it. The hashtag is #WEW2018 and it is Women Entrepreneurship Week. It included free breakfast and lunch (funded by a couple of big corporate sponsors, but I had to miss due to dashing off for mammogram). The panels were very good, the crowd very large, the campus setting exhilarating. xoxox When I hear about it next year, will tell you.

      Delete