Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Bare Necessities

I left home 10 a.m., not 7 a.m. Slept til 6:30, took a while to shampoo, apply my avocado eye cream :), pack, accessorize [tights, ankle boots, skirt, sweater--I like to dress up for car trips*], go to bank and Starbucks--and swoop into Kings for a big jug of ice melt, since leaving Dan, Punch and Fig with no car and a slick, icy sidewalk.

I also forgot something I had ready to bring to Meg and Greg.

So I’ve driven about 2.5 hrs and Google Maps says I have 211 miles/3 hrs and 17 min to go.

My fone stopped charging but thank goodness I had an extra cord. I’m lost without Siri’s voice as I drive over the river and through the woods. And I’m glad I didn’t have to eat into my coffee/crafts fair budget to get a new charge cord.

There’s my darn, definitely unglamorous CPAP machine, which must accompany me on trains, planes and in automobiles. And: Reese Witherspoon’s new cookbook, Whiskey in a Teacup, a fun read, and a beautiful reading, by Cherry Jones, of Little House in the Big Woods on CDs. Our old car has a CD player and I’m glad! Plus: My Blessing Bracelet bought from Rabbit Rabbit on Lorraine Ave. in Montclair. I have now given 2 to Sis and 1 to my cousin Lin. I should have gotten one for Meggy.

Signing off from McDonald’s/Mobil station deep in the heart of Connecticut [my receipt says Windsor]. 

TTYL.

*Although I love to dress up for travel when I can and if my tights aren’t torn and the heels on my pumps aren’t worn down, I do worry a little about that if driving a long journey alone, as to Vermont. What if I get a flat or the car breaks down and I have to stand on the roadside and wait for help? So I made sure to pack my sneakers for a less vulnerable look.

No comments:

Post a Comment