Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2018

Fashion Good Enough to Eat 

Anatomy of a perfect press event: I received an email from Jennifer/nice blonde PR whiz a couple weeks ago announcing holiday and spring 2019 preview for Vince Camuto shoe/bag/jewelry line, ED Ellen Degeneres edbyellen.com and others. All in sleek showrooms at 1370 Avenue of the Americas, near 57th Street.

I didn’t know Ellen had a line, though she has for several years. That piqued my interest. I can’t attend all press events in NYC but Wednesday worked out.

Passed through so many memories on my walk from Port Authority. Black Rock, the name we called CBS headquarters in the 1980s. [Woman’s Day Magazine was owned by CBS.] Across the way, the building where Donna worked at InStyle Magazine. Magnolia Bakery, with long lines of tourists, incredible little rich cheesecakes and vats of pastel cake frosting. 

A card store where I got young Figgy a bunny bag one Easter.

Radio City Music Hall, home of the Christmas Spectacular I’ve seen many times--with Sis, Figgy, Florida Orange, Leah, Punchy, Don, Mary Jane...and Fig’s Girl Scout troop. So upbeat, jolly, toe-tapping and colorful. Want to get back when check comes in. But also remembered when Figgy was going through hard times, even though she stepped out of a yellow cab in a glittery long skirt and pink faux fur jacket for our night w the sparkling Rockettes.

I am deeply grateful that she is OK now.

Anyway, check the fashion fun:


Mini apple cider and pumpkin donuts from DOUGHNUTTERY, which has outposts in the Plaza Hotel and Chelsea Market.


Apple wedges on sticks to dunk into a big pot of hot caramel and warm Nutella, plus autumn toppings. I was ok w one baby donut until I dunked one in gooey caramel and one in Nutella, then had a couple more. But probably only equal to one full-size donut. 

So that was the first room, the treat room, where we were generously offered a style sample, too.


Then Jennifer took each editor/writer/blogger around to other rooms, with these delicious shoes. Check vincecamuto.com but remember a lot of this is for spring 2019. But that pink fun fur bag is for holiday and in stores now. And I love slingbacks, so feminine.

I like the view of NYC through the window--and I dig this mod white and vinyl bag, MSRP $98.

I saw clothing, too, and some fashion editors breezing through it. One young woman, tall and slender, in a long coat, was looking with her colleague at a straight, ankle-length dress the color of a lemon drop. I think it was sleeveless.

I can totally see it for a summer wedding with a great turquoise earring, she said.

Up one floor, the ED Ellen Degeneres colllection looked good, with the word love on the soles of the shoes and drawings by Ellen’s wife, Portia, of their dog, Augie, incorporated into the designs.

The refreshment in ED’s space? Healthy bottled juices by Pressed--I took my Blue Lemonade home for Fig and Punch and they liked it.


That is Augie.

Cozy holiday sleepwear from the ED label with super soft fleece top. Want. At Nordstrom.

Glad I could finallly report on this. WiFi bill late, so did on tiny phone screen. Looooong snow day here w Punch and 2 pals. 

I never got out of my PJs. She messed up her upholstered bedroom chair w blood-colored slime ingredients.

I can’t win.

But I can hop in car 7 a.m. tomorrow and drive to Vermont  to see Meg and Greg at their home in Stowe and go to annual crafts fair Meggy loves. [I wanted to take Punch but lately, she’s against long rides. This takes me 6.5 to 7 hrs. She wants to go in March or April and ski. I will sit in the lodge, but Meg and Greg are pro skiers.]

And I checked, my local Starbucks opens at 5:30 a.m. I can get a hot beverage in a holiday cup for the road.

Good night xxoo.

2 comments:

  1. Reading you is one of my few fashion outlets. My workplace is pretty male dominated and not many talk about clothes. My friends mostly are hippy casual, talk about comfort and paring down wardrobe. My NC friend is very fashionable, but we talk about so many other things it doesn’t really come up, tho super fun when we do. My FL son is interested and notices, but he’s far away. Son number two thinks wearing scrubs and sneakers is an advantage of the job! Anyway, I sigh thinking of a lemon dress with turquoise earrings...
    Thanks for describing your press day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I like the sound of your sons!!! And I’m glad I can be a little fashion outlet for you. I still laugh when we were meeting for lunch and Kim said Nan was concerned or wondering if I was a fashion blogger. Are you seeing her for Tgiving? Send my love pls.

      Delete