Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2019

Look Skyward, Angel

I felt a bit jangly, shaky. Chair even tipped over--with me on it--when I was reaching for my citrus sticker sheet that fell to the floor in Joyist today. I might be drinking too much coffee?  I did have a tall cup at home for breakfast, one latte and two Java Love energy bites.

But I got to my 4:30 p.m. Gentle Yoga class after that, and it was good.

"Inhale, positivity," said our teacher, Anne, during the nice long guided meditation part at the end. "Exhale, your worries and your cares. Inhale, positivity. Exhale, your worries and your cares."

I repeated that mantra in my mind the whole walk home, looking up at the bright moon in the dark sky every chance I got.


$MSOOP
  • Dunkin'--to work while Fig at appt. we drove to. About $4 plus 50 cents for tip jar. I don't like their iced coffee, but was using their WiFi. $4.50.
  • Blowout for my birthday by Christina at Salon 212. The salon is closed on my bday [Monday] and tomorrow is Garbarini get-together in NYC, so wanted to get hair done. $35 plus $7 tip plus $3 for shampoo guy. [I absolutely never know what is the right tip for shampoo person, do you?] $45.
  • One very large slice pizza but crust not too thick and loaded with veggies on top. $4 plus $1 for tip jar. $5.
  • Joyist with laptop. Luxurious latte in wide, white, to-stay cup and 4 Java Love energy bites--brought 2 home for girls. Tip is always included in prices charged here. $11.
  • In addition to baths, I love lighting scented candles--in any room. Stopped in Williams-Sonoma on 20-minute walk home at 6 p.m. because sign said big sale. I bought a candle in a copper-sheen pumpkin-shaped holder, casting its glow from our mantel now. Marked down from $24.95 to $8.99 plus tax --about $9.70.
TOTAL: $75.20.

No comments:

Post a Comment